The Enemy's Gate is Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

2 posters

Go down

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) Empty The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

Post by DragonArmy Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:56 pm

It's been a long time coming... ever since they released The Fellowship of the Ring in 2001 (was it really 11 years ago!?) I have been waiting for them to get around to making The Hobbit into a movie. Well, now they have it pretty much filmed out and the release is planned for sometime (I think) this December.

I've seen the trailer, and I must say that I am impressed. Hopefully it will be just as good as or better than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

The movie is being split into two parts. What are your thoughts on that?

Personally, I think it's a good move. The Hobbit has so much in it that you could either cut things or try to squish too much together to make one, slightly-too-long movie, or you could split it up and give everything breathing room by making it into two movies. Sure, it sucks that it'll be a while between the two releases, but I think it's fort the best.

DragonArmy

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) Empty Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

Post by Locke Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:40 pm

I think the splitting of the film into two parts has a lot to do with making money. But at the same time, The Hobbit is a pretty intricate book, so if two films means they can squeeze in more of the story, then I'm fine with that.
Locke
Locke

Back to top Go down