The Enemy's Gate is Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hugo (2011)

2 posters

Go down

Hugo (2011) Empty Hugo (2011)

Post by DragonArmy Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Asa Butterfield, although having appeared in quite a few other films and tv shows (Merlin, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and Nanny McPhee Returns, to name a few) was most recently the main character of Hugo (2011), which is the main point of this topic.

This was a very well done film. The acting was superb, the camera work was excellent (I really liked that intro where it zoomed through the train station and ended up as a closeup of Asa looking out through the clock), the script was fairly believable, and the music was even pretty catchy.

What did you all think of it?

As a side note, I realize that much of the reason a lot of people will even take a second glance at Ender's Game is because of its cast (including butterfield, harrison ford, ben kingsley, and a few of the other big names). However, I hope that they are inspired to read the book (which I feel will ultimately be much better, as is usually the case) even if their main attraction was to the cast.

DragonArmy

Back to top Go down

Hugo (2011) Empty Re: Hugo (2011)

Post by Petra Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Did you happen to know that this is my favorite movie ever (maybe from Twitter), or was this a coincidence? XD

I'm a massive Hugo fan. It's actually a little bit ridiculous; but this movie's so good, it's worth it. I completely agree with you about the acting and camerawork. Asa Butterfield and Chloe Moretz (my favorite actor and actress) were fantastic as Hugo and Isabelle. They looked and sounded right together and really brought these wonderful characters to life. Ben Kingsley, by the way, was snubbed an Oscar nomination.

Speaking of Oscars, how many wins for this? Five?! I was not expecting that at all. I thought it would win maybe two or three, but I didn't expect it to tie for the most wins. Very well-deserved.

This film is awe-inspiring, magical, emotional, intriguing, and beautiful. It's a lovely tribute to cinema, but it's also so much more than that. I love the uniqueness of the story and I think it was all put together very well. Thank you, Martin Scorsese, for this masterpiece. Very Happy
Petra
Petra
Admin

https://the-enemys-gate.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum